The 15th International Symposium on Origin of Matter and Evolution of
Galaxies (OMEG15) will be held at the Yukawa Institute, Kyoto
University in July 2--5, 2019. This symposium is a part of the series
that started in 1988. Recent OMEG symposiums were held at Tsukuba, Japan
(2013), Beijing, China (2015), and Daejeon, Korea (2017).
The OMEG15 symposium will provide a forum for researchers from various
fields such as nuclear physics, particle physics, astronomy,
astrophysics, earth and planetary physics to discuss origin of
matter and evolution of universe.
Schedule & Venue
Kyoto is located about 2.5 hours from Tokyo using the Shinkansen
express train, 1.5 hours from the KANSAI International airport (KIX).
The main topics covered by the OMEG15 symposium are:
- Big Bang Cosmology and Primordial Nucleosynthesis
- First Generation Stars and Galactic Chemical Evolution
- Astronomical Observations with Light, X-Ray, Gamma-Ray, and Cosmic-Ray
- Stellar Evolutions and Hydrostatic Burning Processes
- Nuclear Structure and Reaction for Astrophysics
- Explosive Stellar Objects and Nuclear Physics
- Meteorite Analysis and Isotopic Abundance
- Nuclear Matter and Neutron Stars
- Nuclearsynthesis in Neutron Star Mergers
- Nuclear Data for Astrophysics and Related Topics
- Underground Nuclear Astrophysics
- Next generation RI Beam Facilities for Nuclear Astrophysics
|Second circular: ||February, 2019 |
|Registration open: ||February, 2019 |
|Abstract submission open: ||February, 2019 |
|Dead line of abstract submission: ||March 18, 2019 |
|Dead line of application for financial supports: ||March 18, 2019 |
|Notfication for contribution talks: ||April, 2019 |
|Symposium dates: ||July 2--5, 2019 |
The proceedings of the symposium will be published online.
There are many hotels in Kyoto. The participants are encouraged to
book the hotel by themselves. A list of the hotels is available at
recommend participants to book early as possible. Several rooms are
reserved for the participants at the guest house of the Yukawa
Institute (Kitashirakawa Gakusha, 2,500 or 3,300 JPY/night) and at the
Shirankaikan Annex (6,800 JPY/night). The participants will be able to
request the room at Kitashirakawa Gakusha or Shirankaikan Annex on the
online registration. However, the number of rooms are limited,
therefore, leave the assignment to the organizers if the number of
applicants exceeds the number of rooms.
A limited amount of financial support will be provided to students and
researchers at their early-stage career to encourage their
participation in the OMEG15 symposium. We expect to offer limited
support to fully or partially cover domestic travel and local expenses
based on availability of funds. Participants will be able to apply for
the support on the online registration.