January 18 (Mon) - March 19 (Fri), 2010
New Frontiers in QCD 2010
NFQCD 2010 was over. Thank you for your participation !
The proceedings will be published in
Progress of Theoretical Physics Supplement.
New Frontiers in QCD 2010 — Exotic Hadron Systems and Dense Matter —
Prog. Theor. Phys. Suppl. 186 (2010), pp 1-571
Proceedings of the 24th Nishinomiya-Yukawa Memorial International Workshop
Ed. by A. Ohnishi, D. Jido, A. Doté, H. Fujii, S. Hirenzaki, T. Hyodo, K. Iida
and M. Tachibana
This volume is "Open Select", and anybody can access to the on-line journal.
Group photos are here.
- From Secretary:
- The first thing you do at Yukawa Institute
When you first come to YITP, please proceed to the Secretariat Desk.
We will hand you a workshop kit, keys (your office key and a card key)
and other stuffs.
The location and opening hours of the desk are:
Secretariat Desk: K107 in
Opening hours: 10:00-12:00, 13:00-16:00
(Mon.-Fri., except February 11(Thu.))
- IMPORTANT NOTE
Key deposit of 3,000 yen is required upon arrival.
Refunded when the keys are returned.
Date and time of the reimbursement will be notified upon reception.
See a message card attached to your name tag.
Please bring your Photo ID or passport at the time of the reimbursement.
To those who will receive the reimbursement of the airfare:
make sure to bring the original receipt or passenger receipt.
The main entrances of the YITP buildings (Yukawa Memorial Hall and
Buliding) are open from 8:00 to 18:00. For night-time or early-morning
you need an entrance card key. It is common to the both buildings.
Weekend entrance is also possible with your card key.
The buildings are always locked during weekend.
The General Information for the facilities is included in your workshop kit.
We are going to hold YITP international workshop entitled
"New Frontiers in QCD 2010 --- Exotic Hadron Systems and Dense Matter ---"
(NFQCD10), Jan. 18(Mon.)-Mar.19(Fri), 2010, Kyoto, Japan
This is one of the series of the long-term workshops
in the Yukawa International Program for Quark-hadron Sciences (YIPQS),
which is a five-year YITP research program (2007-2012).
It is also held as the 24th Nishinomiya-Yukawa Memorial International workshop.
In NFQCD10, we will focus on recent experimental and theoretical
of hadron physics, non-perturbative and condensed matter aspects of QCD,
and their relation to compact astrophysical phenomena.
We plan to arrange and encourage mutual discussions among experts in
and experiments. We also encourage collaborations among all the
In NFQCD10 workshop, we are planning to arrange seminars, lectures,
mini-symposia, and discussion sessions.
Desks with internet access are arranged to workshop participants.
- Main Topics:
Exotic hadron systems
(a) Exotic Hadrons
(b) Hadrons in Nuclei
- multiquark states such as pentaquarks and tetraquarks
- hadronic molecular structure for such as Lambda(1405) and scalar mesons
- role of light-heavy flavors for multiquark correlations
- scattering theory for the generation of exotic states
- reaction dynamics and possible interpretation of narrow peaks
- kaonic nuclei and exotic dibaryons
- meson-nuclear bound systems such as deeply bound pionic atoms, eta mesic nuclei
- meson properties at finite density
- aspects of strong interaction symmetries in nucleus such as partial restoration of chiral symmetry
- excited hadrons in nucleus
- nucleus with strangeness
Compact astrophysical phenomena in relation to quark, hadron,
and nuclear physics
- theoretical developements in low density nuclear matter such as
ab initio calculation, variational approaches, and nuclear pasta
- baryon superfluidity such as 3P2 and hyperon pairing
- equation of state of dense nuclear matter with exotics
such as hyperon admixture, pion and kaon condensation, and quarks
- signals of phase transition during explosive and collapse processes
such as supernovae and black hole (BH) formation
- thermodynamical conditions during compact astrophysical phenomena
such as the black hole (BH)-BH, BH-neutron star(NS), NS-NS merger.
Condensed matter physics of hadronic and quark matter
- QCD critical point
- phases in color superconductor (CSC)
- competition among chiral, deconfinement and CSC transitions
- implication to the physics of compact stars and heavy-ion collisions.
Theoretical Developments in quark and hadron physics
- theoretical developments in lattice QCD such as finite temperature
and density, baryon-baryon interaction, hadronic resonances
- AdS/CFT correspondence and AdS/QCD
Nuclear astro physics (1/18 - 2/5)
Conveners : T. Kajino, T. Maruyama, K. Iida
Mini-symposium: Jan. 26 (Tue.)
Exotic hadrons (2/1 - 2/19)
Conveners : T. Hyodo, A. Hosaka
Mini-symposium: Feb. 5 (Fri.) & Feb. 18 (Thu., with Hadron part)
Hadrons in Nuclei (2/15 - 3/5)
Conveners : A. Dote, S. Hirenzaki
Mini-symposium: Feb. 23 (Tue.)
& Feb. 18 (Thu., with Exotic part)
QCD phase diagram (3/1 - 3/19)
Conveners : H. Fujii, M. Tachibana
Mini-symposium: Mar. 10 (Wed.)
- Organizing Committee:
- Akira Ohnishi (YITP, Chair)
- Daisuke Jido (YITP, Vice-Chair)
- Kenji Fukushima (YITP, Secretary)
- Toru T. Takahashi (YITP, Secretary)
- Akinobu Dote (KEK)
- Toshiki Maruyama (JAEA)
- Toshitaka Kajino (NAOJ)
- Tetsuo Hatsuda (Tokyo)
- Hirotsugu Fujii (Tokyo)
- Makoto Oka (Tokyo Inst. Tech.)
- Tetsuo Hyodo (Tokyo Inst. Tech.)
- Hideto En'yo (RIKEN)
- Emiko Hiyama (RIKEN)
- Shoichi Yamada (Waseda)
- Kohsuke Sumiyoshi (Numazu)
- Masayasu Harada (Nagoya)
- Teiji Kunihiro (Kyoto)
- Hideo Suganuma (Kyoto)
- Tomofumi Nagae (Kyoto)
- Masaru Shibata (YITP)
- Masakiyo Kitazawa (Osaka)
- Atsushi Hosaka (RCNP)
- Toru Harada (Osaka EC)
- Satoru Hirenzaki (Nara)
- Kei Iida (Kochi)
- Atsushi Nakamura (Hiroshima)
- Motoi Tachibana (Saga)
- Koichi Yazaki (RIKEN/YITP)
- Wolfram Weise (Munich Tech. U.)
Yukawa Institute for Theoretical Physics,
Kitashirakawa-Oiwakecho, Sakyo, Kyoto 606-8502, JAPAN
Registration page is opened.