On this workshop
In 2007 the Yukawa Institute for Theoretical Physics (YITP) started a new project "Yukawa International Program of Quark-Hadron Sciences (YIPQS)" funded by the Japan Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology. In this project we host a few thematic programs per year and run workshops connected to the programs, inviting leading experts in selected fields in order to stimulate discussions and foster collaborations among the participants.
This time, we hold "New Frontiers in String Theory 2018". The aim of the workshop is to have comprehensive but intensive discussion on the recent topics in the string theory. In particular, this workshop is meant for an opportunity to carefully discuss deep and profound relations among string theory, quantum gravity and quantum field theory.
During the workshop, participants stay at YITP with desks and other facilities. They can take ample time for discussions with other participants in a relaxing atmosphere of Kyoto.
The fifth week (July 30 - August 3) of the workshop is devoted to the conference "String and Fields", which has been annually held at YITP.
Schedule & Venue
- Start: July 2, 2018, Close: August 3, 2018
- Panasonic Auditorium, Yukawa Hall, Yukawa Institute for Theoretical Physics, Kyoto University, Kyoto, Japan
- Tentative schedule and topics featured
July 2 - July 6 (1st week): Post-Strings Conference
July 9 - July 13 (2nd week): holography, CFT, etc.
July 17 - July 20 (3rd week): SFT, higher spin, etc.
July 23 - July 27 (4th week): SUSY, QFT, etc.
July 30 - August 3 (5th week): String and Fields 2018
- Formulation of string theory and nonperturbative methods
- Dualities in string theory and quantum field theory
- String phenomenology
- Microscopic structure of black holes
- Chaos, quantum entanglement and quantum gravity
- Exact solutions in supersymmetric gauge theory
- CFT and its holographic dual
- Other related topics
Tentative list of invited speakers (updated on May 1.)
- Oren Bergman (Technion)
- Jan de Boer (Amsterdam U.)
- Robert de Mello Koch (MITP)
- Matthias Gaberdiel (ETHZ)
- Masanori Hanada (UCB)
- Veronika Hubeny (UC Davis)
- Christopher Hull (Imperial College London)
- Romuald Janik (Jagiellonian U.)
- Igor Klebanov (Princeton U.)
- Charlotte Kristjansen (NBI)
- Kazunobu Maruyoshi (Seikei U.)
- Shiraz Minwalla (Tata Inst.)
- Sunil Mukhi (IISER Pune)
- Robert Myers (Perimeter Inst.)
- Eric Perlmutter (Caltech)
- Roji Pius (Perimeter Inst.)
- Massimo Porrati (New York U./YITP)
- Mukund Rangamani (UC Davis)
- Ashoke Sen (HRI)
- Tomonori Ugajin (OIST)
- Theodore Erler (ASCR, Prague)
- Nobuyuki Ishibashi (Tsukuba U.)
- Sebastian Konopka (ASCR, Prague)
- Michael Kroyter (Holon Inst. Tech.)
- Carlo Maccaferri (Turin U.)
- Hiroaki Matsunaga (Prague, Ints. Phys.)
- Martin Schnabl (ASCR, Prague)
5th week (Strings and Fields 2018)
- Masazumi Honda (Weizmann Inst.)
- Sotaro Sugishita (Osaka U.)
- Akinori Tanaka (RIKEN)
- Kazuya Yonekura (Kyushu U.)
- Konstantin Zarembo (Nordita/Uppsala)
... and more.
Yasuaki Hikida (YITP), Shinji Hirano (Witwatersrand), Kazuo Hosomichi (NDA), Hiroshi Kunitomo (YITP), Masaki Shigemori (Queen Mary), Shigeki Sugimoto (YITP, Chair), Tadashi Takayanagi (YITP), Seiji Terashima (YITP)
YITP, Nishinomiya City